I found the most fabulous idea today and I thought I'd share it with you. I found it over at Organizing Junkie - click here to go and see a picture of it. It's a great blog and has some nice ideas over there.
If your house is like mine, you have a ton of gloves, hats, and scarves. Do yours get scattered all over the house? Ours aren't too bad, but sometimes they get out of control. I keep all mine in a little treasure chest that used to belong to my Mom. It works, but I find them digging through it and sometimes tossing them onto the floor until they find what they want. Over at Organizing Junkie, they took one of those over the door shoe hangers. The kind with about a dozen plastic pockets. You just fill up all the pockets with the hats and scarves and gloves. Seems like a great idea to me. You could even put it on your garage door so the kids could take their stuff off and put them in the pockets on the way through the door. Sounds like a great idea to me.
I had another idea that I've seen using that same type of shoe hanger. One of my aunts used to take all kinds of magazines with pretty glossy covers. Then she would roll them up, tie them with a pretty ribbon and display them in one of these shoe hangers. It was really darling!
12/9/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I finally broke down and just used some of the stacking drawers (that you can get at Target, etc) and labeled each drawer a different member of the family - that way they weren't all getting mixed up. I put it in our coat closet during the cold weather and then just move the whole thing (it's plastic so light)down to the basement storage area during the summer so I don't have to empty them all out each season...it has worked really well..
Now for all of the school papers...you know the ones about field trips and upcoming events that you don't want to re-write all of the details on your calendar...any ideas?
Post a Comment