For all you New Year's Resolution types, I wanted to announce my next round of Messy Mom's classes. I am going to start off the year with a bang by starting two classes at once. I'm going to start one class on Wednesday nights and the other on Sunday afternoons. These will be taught at my house in Sandy starting on January 14th from 7:00 to 8:30 and the 18th from 3:00 to 4:30 in the afternoon.
To give you a little background on my classes, they are four week sessions that are taught right in my living room. I try to pattern my classes in a way that is similar to the Weight Watcher's format - each week we have a combination of lesson time and time for sharing our experiences. I want to hear what challenges each person has and whether or not they have benefited from the previous week's lessons. That helps me fine-tune the class to provide the most helpful information to you.
The reason I have it as a four week class is to give my students a chance to build on each week's lesson. Let's face it, we've all been down this road before, many of us several times and we have to build up our credibility all over again, both with ourselves and with our families. We've all tried the latest and greatest gimmicks, books, websites, and advice from friends and family to get our darn houses cleaned up! Some methods have been more successful than others, but I don't know many people who have had the opportunity who have been able to attend a live class like this to get ideas from a real person in a way that works for them.
Here is the basic plan for the 4 week class:
Week 1 - Basic daily cleaning routines and your vision for the home you want to create
Week 2 - The easy way to declutter your house and what to get rid of and how
Week 3 - Get your family on board. How to get your family to participate in the daily cleaning process without fussing, arguing and nagging, and how to get them to show more appreciation for your efforts.
Week 4 - Resources to keep you going in the future/Getting your finances in order
The base cost of the class is $50 for the series. I offer small discounts for early payment or for signing up with a friend or relative.
I'm starting a new advertising program, so I am expecting these classes to fill up pretty quickly. If you want to reserve a spot, you'll want to contact me pretty quickly. Click HERE to E-mail me for more info or click the Paypal button to sign up for a class.
1/15/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's super, that you hold Messy Moms classes. Some friends and I used to meet occasionally for "Messies Anonymous" meetings; we started by listening to a cassette tape by Sandra Felton (who wrote lots of "messies" books) then moved on to reading other books and watching videos and talking about clutter clean-up, etc. It was great fun and really helpful. I hope your classes go well! :)
Oh how I need this:). Thanks so much for stopping by my end of the world!
Post a Comment