Well, our New Year's Eve party last night was a great success! The house looked wonderful and even though I had worked until about 4:30, with a little help from my family, we had the food all prepared, the tables set up, and the plates and glasses all ready in record time. I even had time to sit down and read a magazine for a while before the party started.
We had about a dozen people and even though we had a couple of "oops" moments - one of my dishes leaked all over the oven and stank up the kitchen, and I totally forgot to fix my signature Red Beans and Rice, other than that, everything really went off quite well and we all had a fabulous time, including the kids who got to stay up until midnight playing the Wii and eating everything in sight.
It's such a shame when we deny ourselves and our family such a fun time with dear friends because our house isn't fit for company. Let's work on that in 2009.
1/1/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment