I read a good tip this week - I forget which blog I saw it on, but I thought it was great. Not only does upbeat music boost your mood and get you in the right frame of mind to want to do your cleaning, but it also can be used as a sort of a clue to your family that it's clean-up time.
If you always play the same artist or the same genre of music when you do your cleaning, your family will start to build a subconscious association with that music and when they hear it, they will be more likely to get up off the couch and pitch in with the work.
Flylady has a whole CD of songs that have been put together just for cleaning. You might want to pop over to her website and check it out. My favorites are the Pointer Sisters or the score from Dreamgirls.
PS: Here's a quick tip from my Grocery Tips for Smart Shoppers. Bring your Ipod with you when you go grocery shopping. The stores play that draggy elevator music so you'll shop slower and buy more stuff. Listen to your own upbeat music and keep your own pace!
3/27/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the idea of an ipod with a fast pace for grocery shopping! It makes me laugh - only because I have two little munchkins who would go crazy in the store if I had my ipod on - but truly if I did not have them - I would so do that! Great tip!
Post a Comment