I came across this term in an old post on Unclutterer. I think this is such a great concept. Every once in a while, we just get too far behind to catch up. Their suggestion was to pack it all up and take it to the local Fluff & Fold. Even if it costs you a few extra bucks, wouldn't it be great to get caught up once and for all so you can start fresh? And besides, they FLUFF and FOLD it for you, what could be better than that?
Another idea would be to take it all to a self-serve laundromat and stake out a whole bank of washers and dryers. You'd be done in just a couple of hours and the kids would probably think it's a great adventure.
Here's my secret for climbing Mt. Washmore - when I get too overwhelmed with laundry, I do it production-line style. I sort it all into baskets and then I set a timer and put a fresh load in every 40 minutes. Then I sit and watch TV while I fold it. Then I just give everyone their own basket and tell them no one eats until they put it all away! I can usually get caught up in one evening, or one weekend morning.
5/7/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is how I do laundry every week! I do all the laundry in one day and then try to not think about it for the week!!! I have the kids sort it in the morning and then I set a timer and keep it going all day long - by afternoon I can sit and fold it while I watch a little television or I save it for when the kids go to bed. This works for me - I am NEVER behind or stressed about laundry. It's a part of my schedule. The only way this works is if you have 7 pairs of underwear, socks etc. for everyone - which we stock up on.
I blogged about my daily schedule and how I do my laundry here:
http://womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/2009/03/personal-order-part-1-my-weekly.html
Thanks for all your great tips! I enjoy your site!
You have inspired me to go put in a load, which is quite the remarkable feat!!
Post a Comment