9/20/08

Good Tip for Fish Food

I got this tip in the mail and I thought it was great. I know that probably none of you actually have fish, but maybe you can adapt the idea into something useful. In order to stop her kids from overfeeding the fish, this lady came up with a great idea. She got one of those weekly pill dispensers at the grocery store that has a little spot for each day. Then she puts a little pinch of fish food in each little spot. That way the kids know exactly how much to feed the fish and she can tell at a glance whether the fish have been fed or not each day. I love simple, clever ideas like this!


Now how can you adapt this idea for your own use? First of all, it is great for taking your pills. I've had one for years. It's so much easier than opening up 3 or 4 different bottles and when you go on vacation, it takes up a lot less space.


They come in a larger size - we gave my husband one as part of his gag gifts for his 50th birthday, but the larger size would be nice for other things. Maybe you could put notes in it for weekly chores for your kids (or yourself!). Or you could fill it with those mini candy bars for a daily reward. Get creative!


I've also seen something similar for clothes. It's a nylon thing that hangs from the clothes bar and there are little slots to put daily outfits in. Each pocket is labeled with a day of the week. They're intended for little kids, but there's no reason you couldn't use them yourself. Wouldn't it be nice to start the work week with your clothes all picked out and ready to go for the whole week?


My Mom used to make her own TV dinners. She would save the trays from ones she'd bought, then she'd take a fill them up with chicken nuggets, those frozen french fries or tater tots and some apple sauce or pudding. Then she'd cover them with foil, stack them up and freeze them. It's not much work and it's a lot more cost effective than buying them. I've tried the month-long cooking thing where you make up large portions of several recipes and then freeze them. It's a lot of work, but my family really enjoyed them. I've done the My Girlfriend's Kitchen thing a few times too. It's a fun evening to put all the meals together and my family raves about their recipes. Maybe I'll try that again this month...


Do any of you have any good ideas like this to share?

No comments: