8/3/08

CFC Feeling - Clean for Company

This is one of Pam Youngs 365 Surprises - she is one of the ladies in the video we watched.
Have you noticed that when you are going to have company, it's almost as if you get a new pair of eyes? You start seeing your home through the eyes of "the company," and you get a special spurt of motivation to clean and tidy up. I know when I'm expecting company I want every room to look extra special, because I want "the company" to "ooo and ahhh," and talk about my home behind my back: "I was in Pam Young's home and it was just absolutely lovely. What a woman she is. She is just fabulous!" (It is fun to pretend.)
That CFC (Clean For Company) feeling is normal. We all love compliments and we love to get approval not only from our immediate family, but especially from people outside of our immediate family. In fact we just plain love approval where ever we can get it! When we are raising our babies it is so important to compliment them generously every day, because much of our work as parents is to correct and teach. Our children love us to pay positive attention to them. When I look back to when my kids were young, some of the most common sentences I heard were, "Look Mom," "Watch this Mom," "Look at me Mom," "Mom, watch me."

I think one of the reasons the House Fairy works with our children is because they go into Clean For Company mode. Their precious imaginations kick into gear and suddenly they find delight in the mundane. The House Fairy's coming! The House Fairy Program is chock full of positive, loving ways to motivate, inspire,reinforce and recognize children's good behavior. To join go to www.housefairy.org

No comments: