Have you got IGAD disease? I hope not! IGAD stand for I've Got All Day and it is the bane of retirees and stay at home mothers. They never manage to buckle down and get anything done because they figure they've got all day to do it. The problem with that is that they fritter away the day on trivialities and never get to the actual work they had planned to do. Even though I am a working Mom, I sometimes fall victim to this disease, especially in my workday. I will fritter my time drinking coffee, or surfing the net, maybe visit with a friend and before I know it half my day is gone and my work is still staring me in the face!
Fortunately, I have a simple cure for IGAD disease. Take one to-do list and a Flylady timer and call me in the morning! It is just amazing how much more focused you are and how much more you can get done in a day if you have that list and that timer to keep you motivated. It's like a magic wand!
For instance, today is Saturday and I've been grumping about how messy my house got while I was away at Convention last week. So I got up, grabbed my timer and jumped right in at 7 AM this morning, still in my nightgown, still unshowered (ew!) and now it's 10:00 and I can relax and enjoy the rest of my day with a sparkling clean house. I just started in my bedroom and did 10 minute sprints in each room. I had to do a couple of double sprints (20 minutes) in some rooms that were really messy, but I made sure not to spend more than 20 minutes on each room. And I just went right down the hallway. Bedroom, check! Bathroom, check! Guest room, check! TV room, check! Desk & dining room, check! I still have the downstairs to do, but I'll catch that tonight and get the boys to help me while we are watching the Olympics.
See how easy that was! Your house can get out of control amazingly fast when you fall off track for a few days, but it's surprising how quickly you can pull it back together. All it takes is your timer and your list!
No comments:
Post a Comment