8/16/08

The "One Touch Method"

I read something interesting that I wanted to share with you. It's called The One Touch Method and I found it very interesting. The concept is that you make a resolution that you will only touch things one time whenever possible. For example, if you are cooking and you need a particular spice, you reach into the cupboard, measure the spice into the recipe and rather than set it down on the counter to be put away later, you put the spice directly back into the cupboard. That's so simple, but I could see where that could make a big difference!
When you come home at the end of the day, instead of dumping your shoes and coat somewhere, you could just walk to the closet and put them right where they go. The same with mail. Instead of dumping the pile of mail on your desk to be dealt with later, you would put the junk mail directly in the trash and then put the bills in your bill basket or just deal with them on the spot.
This could be good for eliminating your bathroom clutter. What if you had a basket under the counter with all your daily bathroom items? You'd pickup your toothbrush, use it, put it back in the basket, same with your comb, moisturizer, etc. and then put away the basket. You'd never have any bathroom clutter.
Do you see where this could be a great change to make?

No comments: